Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if it would create a problem to install a dry nitrous kit to a speed density 5.0? I have a 1988 LX 5.0 and it is just easier to add the extra boost through NOS. I am aware of how finniky the speed density system is and I am not sure if NOS would have a bad effect on the computer itself.Feel free to check out my Coupe at www.sevmc.org in the "newsletters" section. Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
123 Posts
There should be no problem with adding nitrous to an SD car. It really should not affect the MAP sensor, so it should not freak out the EEC.

Have fun,

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys. I think that this would be the best power adder for SD. I have a 88 LX 5.0 with MAC Cold Air, 65mm TB, Underdrive pullies, BBK short tube Hdrs.,Jacobs ignition, 24lb injectors, 4.10 gears, and more. How would a 125 shot effet the RPM's in 5th gear? Those 4.10 gears are good low end speed but not much at top end.

·
Registered
956 Posts
You're not supposed to spray in 5th gear. Some people do, but I wouldn't chance it! ;)

I think you'll like the Zex kit, I used to have it and I loved it. Switched to a wet kit so I could spray more ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts