Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I'm about to install a zex kit on my car, probably eventually spray the 125shot. But for now I want to take all the precautions to not blow a head gasket. This is my only car and I cannot afford the downtime.

I'm thinking for now I will spray the 50shot and run one range colder plugs and timing at 10*. Does this sound safe? Also what should I try to set everything at when spraying the 125? I will try to dyno it the first time I spray the 125 to be sure, but i dont know if i'll have the chance.

I'm running h/c/i w/ 24lb. injectors and a 190 fuel pump, so I think i will have enough fuel. Also I trap 108mph on the motor, i'm looking for about 118mph on the 125shot. Is it likely?

·
Registered
68 Posts
u sound like u have i decent setup and should blow anything. i have a zex kit. i am running a 75 shot at 10 degrees with 91 octane with stock injectors and fuel pump and havent had a problem for over an year.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I'm running 10 degrees timing and 92 octane with the 125 shot, 110 fuel pump and asf32c plugs gapped at .35. I think you'll be fine when you step up the shot. Also I went from a 92mph speed trap to a 101mph but that was on street tires.

·
Registered
343 Posts
If you run the 125 shot, you should put it on a dyno with a wideband to be safe. I have the worst luck with modding and the least gains fo anyone I know. I am running the 100 shot with 8 degrees of timing. If you run the 125, start at 6 degrees and if the A/F looks good, advance the timing as much as you can without it pinging.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I have the 125 shot with stock injectors, stock fuel pump, 2 steps colder plugs, 93 octane and stock timing. It runs great. Trap speed is almost 105mph with a 2.4 60ft. :(

·
Registered
69 Posts
Zex 125 shot - 2 step colder plugs, 255 pump and timing advanced to 14 w no problems for over a year. My car runs a lil rich with stock heads and 24lb injectors.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Is there a way to program the computer to just pull timing when you use the spray. Doesn't pulling all that timing make the car a little slower except for when you are spraying. Just trying to get the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
901 Posts
well with 8* of timing my car ran 14.2 at 100...havnt ever ran it with 14*. But with my Zex 100 shot and that same 8* of timing and one step colder plug at .040 gap I ran 13.5 at 109.6 because of my 2.5 60'. I am hoping to get that down to mid to high 12's at 110+ next time caue I had bad bottle pressure and a empty bottle.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Bruno8 said:
Is there a way to program the computer to just pull timing when you use the spray. Doesn't pulling all that timing make the car a little slower except for when you are spraying. Just trying to get the best of both worlds.
You need a switch chip or a MSD box with a timing adjuster. My chip takes 5 degrees out and gives me 20% more fuel on my nitrous program. It's a JMS chip. It works fine with a 125 shot.

·
Registered
221 Posts
do you manually switch from program to program with like a switch or does it do it automatically when the juice is on

·
Registered
30 Posts
I see that you have a 99. I'm not sure how the newer computers accept a mod chip. My chip uses a dip switch to change programs, I can change the program when I arm the nitrous and turn it back to the non-nitrous programs when I have the bottle off. It's really easy. When I'm on the nitrous program the car drives like the other programs till the motor goes WOT.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts