Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a YS-trim and have the opportunity to get a brand new Novi 2000 for about $300 more than what I can sell my YS trim for. I just don't know if the Novi is better. So I want some opinions. I am planning on running like 600 rwhp in a 94 Lightning with +/- 18 lbs boost intercooled.
I don't want to start a big fight, so keep it simple.

Keep the YS-trim OR get a New Novi 2000

I will be making my decision today, so don't drag this thread out.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I agree with hawk! Either one will suit you fine. Ones noisie, and one isn't. Only real difference to me.

I have a 2000 that I will sale that is almost new. Pm me if you are interested.

Brandon

·
Registered
582 Posts
I agree...........choose your poison.

·
Registered
311 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I'd stick with the YS and if that isn't enough, I would upgrade it to a YSi..........

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I would look at the way each one mounts to your Lightning, one may have a mounting/tensioner pulley setup that will favors your engine configuration--so you don't have to crank down that tensioner too much, or goto cogs, or cut a hole for a good sized power pipe, or can't fit that intercooler, etc.., etc...

I'd go for the 2K--slightly better step up ratio: 3.50/3.54 to the Y's 3.45...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Guys.
I figured if there was an overwhelming response for the Novi over the YS that I would swap, but for now I am going to stay YS.

In terms on how they would mount. both are simple, a company Pickrel Performance makes mounting brackets for both that make it simple. I also have plumbing to mate a straight or curved discharge to my intercooler, which is already mounted.

Thanks again for the Advice!:joy:

Last season I saw 12.056 AT 112.25MPH with an S-trim non-intercooled. it dynoed at 450 rwhp and 511tq. I hope to see 600 rwhp and low 11's or high 10's with the YS-trim and intercooler running +/-18 lbs boost.

383svt

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Untchbl said:
Ones noisie, and one isn't. Only real difference to me.

Brandon
My YS on my mustang is as quiet as the SQ on my Lightning...go figure. Certainly no louder than the Novi 2000 my friend has on his 95 GT. Now the S trim I had was LOUD.

Billy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts