Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was my 3rd time @ the track. I don't go a whole lot. I've got 255/45/17's all the way around, and I don't think they're even Z rated. Anyway, If I launch over 2,000 rpm the back end will just bust loose. I think around 2,200 is the max I can launch. I have 4.10's & 312 rwhp w/ 342rwtq (SAE Corrected). My best time so far is 13.46 @ 106.5 mph. Will it get any better with street tires or do I have to get slicks / drag radials? ALL LAUNCHING TIPS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

·
Registered
517 Posts
i got one

how about not getting in a lane after a FWD car(TRYING NOT TO SAY IMPORT SO HARD) does his "burnout"(lol) and launch and throwing water all over the track. that should help traction a bit:cool:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No imports allowed. They have their own night especially for imports once a month or so at this track.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Drag Racing on street tires is like pissing in the wind...most of your ET comes from the first '60 ...so if you like blazing the tires through second gear at the track here are some other fun activities you may also wanna try.

1) punch yourself in the throat.
2)drink til you:barf:
3)jerk off with a handful of sand.
4)fish with no bait.

....otherwise id suggest buying a set of drag radials or better yet slicks.

not to mention launching on slicks with the tach needle burried feels almost as good as great sex...and definately feels better than sex with those gurls that just lay there...damn those roofies

·
Registered
517 Posts
94Fauxbra said:
Drag Racing on street tires is like pissing in the wind...most of your ET comes from the first '60 ...so if you like blazing the tires through second gear at the track here are some other fun activities you may also wanna try.

1) punch yourself in the throat.
2)drink til you:barf:
3)jerk off with a handful of sand.
4)fish with no bait.

....otherwise id suggest buying a set of drag radials or better yet slicks.

not to mention launching on slicks with the tach needle burried feels almost as good as great sex...and definately feels better than sex with those gurls that just lay there...damn those roofies

lmao :lol:

love that humor.. seriously i got some 27/15/50 nitto DR's and they have help a whole bunch. try em , you wont go back

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
I'm looking to run some 11.0s (preferable a 10.99999) on my 275/40r17 Nitto drag radials....best ET is in the sig on these tires.

Troy

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
With my current combo that puts down 293RWHP/327RWTQ with 4.10 gears, I ran a 13.2 at 105.9mph on 245-50-16 NANGKANG cheapo street tires. Only suspension mods are GW subframes and GW LCA's. I go to the track a lot though. I was launching at 3000rpms slipping the clutch, I did experience a LOT of wheel spin on the 1-2, I just stayed in it and it eventually hooked. With the same tires in my dad's 91GT with 4.30 gears, UCA, LCA's, 8 point cage, and 323RWHP I ran a 13.1 at 109mph launching at arouns 2000rpms (it has run 12.1 at 112mph on ET streets). I only made 2 good passes until I BLAZED the tires and hit the rev limiter in 1st and 2nd and the car just about shut off and wouldn't go anymore... I thought I blew it up as the rev limiter is set at 7000rpm... that was scarey! Dad asked for his car back after that run.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I ran a 13.8 @ 107.2 with a 2.4 60 foot. This was on Eagle GSC's 275/40/17.

·
Registered
788 Posts
guess I have the fastest time (so far) with the skinniest tires!
but not for long.....this spring, I'll have some DR's!!!
12's....here I come!!!
check the sig

·
Registered
940 Posts
some drag radials should drop at least 3 tenths off your time. my best 60' on real 17" street tires was a 2.15

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Yeah I havent even bothered to run the Mustang with the street tires, although the Camaro did very well on it 245/50/ZR16 Eagle RSAs. I think I got a 2.2 60' as a best for the day.

·
Registered
147 Posts
13.1 @ 108 on crappy kuhmo 275-40-17's.

I need MT streets and welds, anybody got some for sale?

·
Registered
331 Posts
13.1 @ 110, car is still not tuned, street tires, Kumho's.
BFG DR's will be on this car this spring, and it will be dyno tuned!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I went & looked @ my tires, they're freak'n H rated. :(
I have no suspension mods, it's all stock, unless sub-frames are considered a suspension mod, and the car is lowered 1 1/2" (I guess that's a mod). SO, what suspension mods have you guys found to be the most benficial? I left the track Friday night in a real pi$$y mood b/c of this.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts