Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
damn corral. as i posted before my friend has a 03 GT and i told her to go with a o/r x pipe and i was wondering what are some good sounding mufflers for a good deal to go with a x pipe?? I havent looked into exhaust stuff in along time thats why im asking and any good websites i can go to?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Personally I like the sound of MAC stuff. It is different than most of the mustangs that you normally hear. If she has not bought an X-Pipe I'd suggest you check out the MAC Pro-Chamber. I have the PC and I love it. Also the MAC cat-back exhaust is a very good item and it sounds great. You can go to Mustang Exaust to check out tons of different setups!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I also have to vote for mac, they might not have the longest lasting exhuast but i haven't had any problems with that yet, but i think mac has the best exhaust note IMO.

Dan

·
Registered
32 Posts
I personally like the magnaflow catback the most
I think the best idea is listen to some sound clips and decide what sound you like the most all of them flow pretty well.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah juiced i know how much you love your magnapacks lol, that is what i told her to go with since borla is too much but she wanted opinons so well you know women :lol:

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
I like the sound of my stock Bullitt, next would be Bassani.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I like Long tube headers to a 3 inch collector into 3 inch pipe to front exits. Yup, that's pretty much it.

Ed

·
Registered
336 Posts
Ed,
Well, you are going to hear Bassani Quiet Thunder. I ordered it today and am planning on installing next week at Steen Racing.
Next come 3.73's, Baer Brakes, subframe connectors. Keep your tools handy!!!!
Doug

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Magnaflow... hands down.

·
Registered
96 Posts
no contest

mac or flows with h-pipes sound awesome every mustang should have this setup i had the magnaflows anfd they sounded horrible too quiet and glass pack sound to them

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I can't believe it! No one is voting for Purple Hornies!?!?!

·
Registered
729 Posts
1 vote against DroneMasters. I'll probably try Mac or Magnaflow next.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Personally I think that either the Magnaflow straight through type (Not Turbo Version) or Quiet Thunder sounds the best on these cars.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I like my Dynomax SS Ulltra Flos. Smooooth, with some bark when you get into it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts