• Other

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to lower my cobra. I really like the stock feel, but they look so much better lowered. Anyone have pics of yours lowered, and what you did? Also, how do your lowered Cobras ride? Shock/Spring suggestions? thank you for helping me out. I have bought too many suspension components in the past and have been disappointed I didn't ask how they would perform first. Thanks!
John

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have the eibach prokit on my 98cobra and thaey ride better than stock i think...:eek: i am even still running the stock struts and shocks... they brought it down about 1.7" all the way around

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I have H&R Supersports and Bilstein shocks and struts with MM caster/camber plates... The ride is stiffer/bumpier than stock but bareable... The car handles a lot better than stock and is more fun to drive... The drop itself is perfect for me (I like it low) as the front is dropped about 2 inches and the rear is a little over 1.6... If I had to do it over again, I would have saved up for MM or Griggs coil-overs... Not knocking H&R (as I feel they are the best conventional springs on the market), but coil-overs are simply the ****...

·
Registered
62 Posts
agree with rev happy

i have started numerous threads in the auto X forum and it is almost unanamous that coil overs are the way to go. im saving and should have them on the car in a few months! :cool:

·
Registered
456 Posts
H&R's and Bilsteins. 1.5" drop all around. Handles very flat and firm, but not harsh. No dive. No squat. If I had it to do all over again, I'd do it exactly the same.

T-

·
Registered
26 Posts
I installed a set of Eibach Sportlines all the way around. It rode very rough and it bottomed out quite often in the rear. So I took off the rear springs and put the stockers back on, after cutting 2 1/2 coils off. It rides tons better, and is lowered about 2" all around.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Eibach Sportlines with stock shocks/struts too and I can't complain considering SoCal's great roads :rolleyes: However, on rough roads I notice a little harshness...C/C plates are a must if you want your tires to wear properly...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had steeda sport springs on my cobra vert. Ended up taking it off and putting the stocker back on. The steeda made my car ride very rough. I live here in jersey and the highways here are not perfect, every time I hit uneven road the car throws me up of my seat.

·
Registered
417 Posts
People are amazed at how well my Cobra rides considering how well it handles. The Eibach pro-kit springs and Bilsteins (rear) have improved the ride from stock, in my opinion. If I set the Tokicos (front) to "5," the ride gets a little stiff on D.C. roads; I leave it at "4" and it is perfect.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Let me first say that my opinion is mixed...

I have the H&R supersports/Bilsteins on my 98. I LOVED the way it rode. No nose dive, firm, but livable. A little bumpsteer. Handles like it's on rails in the corners. It was even smoother riding than many of my friiends who used Eibachs (with stock shocks).

Then, I bought the 03.

Compared to it, the 98 rides like ass. I don't know if it's the IRS, or the fact that it's not lowered as much (too much lowering screws up the front-end geometry).

:eek:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Eibach and I've been complimented on the ride in the car by several people. For a car the grips the road as good as this one does, a harsh ride is generally expected.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Double, sorry.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have H&R Sports and Yellows. Ride is nice. A little harsher than stock, but barely noticeable. Yellows on full soft all the way around. I scrape on lots of stuff (going slowly, turning the wheel, still scrapes).

Feels like it handles better, but I generally don't push the car on the street. The few occasions I have, felt nice and flat, controlled. Much less squat and dive than before, even on soft.

I don't know much.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have the kb c/c, kb springs, koni adjustable shocks and more (read sig). It lowered it about 1.5"all around...I love it and would do it over again in a heartbeat.

here's a pic (kinda matches the one above):

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Here is a bad shot of my car but it gives you an idea....

Setup consists of
- Coilovers in front.
- Adjustable LCAs in the rear.
- With Griggs coil springs.
- Also has Koni yellows.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stoked,
Which coil-overs to have?

I have a LOT of space between my tire and wheelwell in the front. My car sits up higher in the front. I was kind of wondering if it was lowered before, and maybe had different rate springs put back in or something? However, it does lanch pretty good like this. I just don't like the way it looks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
FMS C springs and Tokico 5-ways. Amazing how well the cheap combinations work sometimes. Compared to when I had the IRS with KB springs and H&R springs (I had both), the ride now blows them both out of the water. Handling isn't quite what it used to be, but if I cared about that I'd probably still have the IRS. Like someone said above, I didn't like getting thrown out of the seat when I hit some bumps in the road.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Sorry it took so long for a reply... I was out of the city, but as for how the car rides.... man its pretty amazing. It feels like the front track of the car has a four foot wider stance. It never dives on hard braking, and taking the corners is pretty awesome.

I have the Griggs setup with Koni yellows, I don't remember right off how much it cost me but I bought alot of stuff at the same time but it was in the range of 2100... this was springs front rear, coilover hardware, Griggs c/c plates, Koni yellows, adj LCAs, endlinks, and a few other things I can't remember. I figure the coilover hardware was around 200, springs are 60 each, the Griggs c/c plates will run yea 300Éyea thatÕs a lot haha but you can get MM, and itÕs a good idea to get a nice shock to go with the kitÉ

I am running 375# spring in the front which is pretty stiff for the normal joe.... I am sure you can get away with a 300 or 325 spring... I just like my car real stiff.... but the car does not like bumpy, messed up streets at allÉ

If I could do it again would I?

Without blinking I would... one of my best mods ever.....
it also makes taking the k-member off a snap...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts