Ford Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of us buy and sell items on the corral and other internet sites, we try to find ways to prevent a bad deal from happening.
Recently I sold some parts to this guy (Matt Sansone of Plattekill NY). As usual I prefer to have payment via Paypal and then I will send the parts. I have done this for 4-5 years and never had a problem. On some occasions I have sent and recieved items COD. My luck with COD has been 50/50.
This guy wanted the stuff sent COD, so I agreed. He agreed to pay the COD charges. I sent the stuff COD and watched it via a UPS tracking no.
Upon delivery, he refused the item without any warning or notice.
I am now out $20 in shipping and COD charges.
I hate to post this here and take up space, however I thought others should know in case you may be dealing with him.
The Corral really needs a section for Non payers or people who do not send the parts nor what was supposed to be sent.
Thanks for everyone's time.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I would have them send the money to cover the COD. It shows they're committed.

Also, they haven't sent you a big wad of cash that you could walk away with, so their risk is minimal.

If you're set up for paypal and they refuse to go that route, the least they can do is send the money for the COD.

I"ve been lucky with my internet experience, but it just takes one jerk to ruin your opinion.:mad:

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input.
It only takes one bad deal to leave a bad taste in your mouth.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I know the feeling, only from the other side. I bought a pro-m 80mm maf form sargeford out the windsor section on the corral. When the part arrived it turned out to be some ford meter with a pro-m flowsheet. When I did a search on the site for him I found he had only been a member for a month and only had like 30 posts. Where do you suppose they were all located? You guessed it, they were all in the classified sections and were parts he was trying to sell. I've done searches on him since then and nothing. He found me and probably some other suckers made his money and crawled back undr his rock. It's partially my fault because I should have done my homework before I dealt with him.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been on both sides myself. A few years ago I dealt with a guy (Charles Hull ring a bell?). He screwed me over. Unfortunately for him he is still getting screwed today because he is now serving jail time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.