Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of us buy and sell items on the corral and other internet sites, we try to find ways to prevent a bad deal from happening.
Recently I sold some parts to this guy (Matt Sansone of Plattekill NY). As usual I prefer to have payment via Paypal and then I will send the parts. I have done this for 4-5 years and never had a problem. On some occasions I have sent and recieved items COD. My luck with COD has been 50/50.
This guy wanted the stuff sent COD, so I agreed. He agreed to pay the COD charges. I sent the stuff COD and watched it via a UPS tracking no.
Upon delivery, he refused the item without any warning or notice.
I am now out $20 in shipping and COD charges.
I hate to post this here and take up space, however I thought others should know in case you may be dealing with him.
The Corral really needs a section for Non payers or people who do not send the parts nor what was supposed to be sent.
Thanks for everyone's time.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
add dragonstang to the rip off list. I bought some moldings off him and havnt gotton anything back yet. I notified papal, and am waiting for my money back.

·
Registered
222 Posts
FWIW When some one asks me to ship cod, I insist on a deposit of some form, Paypal, cashiers check, that will cover shipping both ways. Just to make sure that doesn't happen.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i got burned on a carb i sold. luckily it was just shipping thank god. the best way to sell is cash and carry but just not practical for us all over the states...
rob

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
CODs...

COD is a crap shoot for both individuals as well as companies. We're asked numerous times daily to ship COD. As a matter of business, we must offer it as a payment alternative, as we have for almost 20 years. We limit what can go COD but for the most part, it is a successful payment tool. There are those that choose to not meet their payment obligation, as many of you have found when shipping COD. There are those that simply order more than they can or want to pay for. Before a COD order leaves, we give a total amount due as well as the day the package will arrive. It never fails that we do , occasionally, have them returned refused or simply not paid for. We've had to take the drastic measure recently to post those that don't meet their payment obligation on our website. Other dealers are taking note of this policy and eventually everything from COD non-payers to folks that initiate unwarranted charge card chargebacks will be posted!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts