Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I really want these xxr wheels but just dont know what size to really get. The car is lowered so not sure about clearance issues. Also dont really know much about the offset numbers. Maybe you guys can help me out. These are the available sizes:

18 x 8.5 - (+35mm) or (+20mm)
18 x 9.5 - (+35mm) or (+20mm)
18 x 11 - (+20mm)
19 x 10 - (+35mm) or (+15mm)
19 x 11 - (+15mm)

I would love to go as wide in the back as possible. Would I have any issues running 11" wides in the back? Also what about a 18 in the front and a big fat 19 in the back? My ideal set up would be no rub upfront and super wide in the back. But I also dont want the fronts to look wimpy if they are too skinny. ALL OPINIONS WELCOME. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
419 Posts
the 35mm stick in 5mm more than the factory wheel and 20 will stick out 10mm more. I have xxr 531s in 17x8 35mm offset and 17x9 35mm. The front fit good in the fender since I have it lowered tucking the tires I wanted it pulled in more, the rear I will be running spacers on to pull them out some.

·
Registered
198 Posts
the 35mm stick in 5mm more than the factory wheel and 20 will stick out 10mm more. I have xxr 531s in 17x8 35mm offset and 17x9 35mm. The front fit good in the fender since I have it lowered tucking the tires I wanted it pulled in more, the rear I will be running spacers on to pull them out some.
You got any pictures of the wheels on the car?

·
Registered
57 Posts
When I had XXR's I ran 19x8.5's all the way around.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I like them when I had them. I didn't have any rubbing issues in the front. I had to run 1" spacers, but that was because of the big brakes.

I now have 10" wide rays. I think that you will not have an issue with clearing if you are going to run 11" wide. I've had 12" rears on the car before with spacers.

I think that the staggered look 18 f/19 r could look good if the stance is right.

Best of luck in your decision.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what do you guys think about a 18 x 9.5 +20mm FRONT and 18 x 11 +20mm BACK on a new edge lowered mustang??? Think I can pull it off? Or am i gonna run into issues??

·
Registered
906 Posts
Call CCW and get the real thing. They will make it exactly how you wish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts