Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't think to ask the sells guys when i talked with them. But anyone know if the stock sway bar will or won't hook up to the x2c lower control arms? I ordered first then thought about my question... I guess that's how it goes tho.

Also, anyone have the tokico illumina adj shock/strut/spring setup on there car? How do you like it? Would you recommend it?

Also, had a blast at CD03. I wasn't able to bring my car, but I met a couple of cool people.

Thx,

Joe
93 black coupe
some stuff done;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
X2C upper and lower control arms

I have the X2C upper and lower control arms on my car. Put them on a few months ago. You can use the sway bar. However, it does position the sway bar substantially lower. No problems with the control arms. No better 60 ft. times though. There was a thread or two a couple of months ago that might be worth doing a search on. There were some folks that really grilled them with questions. I don't know if they got there questions answered to there satisfaction. The folks from x2C simply replied with quotes from satisfied customers of which I am one. They were very affordable and substantially better than the stock ones which were very fatigued.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If one reply sways you that much then you should really do a search... try "X2C*" or "cheap control arms" or "banned extremely volatile topics"...

FWIW, I have them and wish I would have bought the more expensive stuff (amazing how quickly you learn from first hand experience). The sway bar fits. It doesn't fit fine, but it fit after some hammering. Greasable fittings are neat too but grinding on 15% of every component is NOT how I like installing new parts.

I've never heard anything bad about Tokico adjustable shocks. - I didn't know they made springs though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ive got the X2C uppers/lowers and they went in perfect with no mods and the swaybar went in fine to (although it does sit a hair lower) I really like mine BUT it would have been nice if they came with spring isolators (my springs make a screeching sound as they scrape on the control arm spring perch)

·
Registered
490 Posts
I just installed them on my car. azl is on crack

I have nothing but positives to say about them, my car goes a lot straighter now (I had mega jr lowers, stock uppers). BIG BANG for the buck.

10sec car BTW

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
i havent seen an aftermarket contorl arm that doesnt reposition the sway bar, they all do.

and for the average joe, the budget control arm will work just as good as the inflated mm peice, regardless of what the haters say.

·
Super Moderator
27,649 Posts
nate79 said:
and for the average joe, the budget control arm will work just as good as the inflated mm peice, regardless of what the haters say.
Solid tech! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've got them installed, I loved them, went in fine, no squeaks, no other prob's they work great. I'd recommend them to anyone else looking for some good aftermarket non adjustable upper's and lowers.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Mine just showed up today UPS. Has anybody noticed a inprovement in there 60 foot times with these bars?

·
Registered
112 Posts
It would surprise me if your 60ft times will improve. It seemed to really stiffen everything up on my car. It corners better but there isn't much weight transfer. I suppose with different springs that may be a different story. My springs are just you basic progressive rate springs.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I installed adj struts/shocks with the tokico springs along with the x2c uppers and lowers all at once. I noticed a noticable difference with being able to hook up quite abit better. I haven't been to the track yet to test it. Going by seat of pants feel, it's helped alot. My tire spin is alot less as well.

Joe

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
This photo was on cc.com, and it appears that the bushing eye is not welded straight on the LCA, it is attached closer to one side than the other. It may be the camera angle, but I think I would want to see the LCA in person before I laid my cash down.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts