Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Formerly FL Zinc
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Install was simple, I had them drilled to fit stock seat tracks. End result: minus 50 or so pounds, still comfortable on long drives, plenty of bolster to hold you in place, stock power driver's seat track. :D

·
Formerly FL Zinc
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. Fiberglass and all one piece.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Damn Greg,
That thing needs a cage. I saw you coming from work the other day. Your car sounds like a beast with those race bullets.

·
Formerly FL Zinc
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks John, its still got two cats on it too. :D
Kevin, I'm not skinny by any means, 5'9" 200+-. They hold me in place pretty well, but I don't have to like sit on the hip bolsters and wiggle myself in. I'd call Mark or Armon and ask them what they think.

·
Registered
670 Posts
How much are a set? Do they offer them in Dark Charcoal? I can't tell if you have a black interior or a dark charcoal interior. Can these seats be allright on a long trip? Any mods needed when bolting factory locations?

Sorry for so many question? But I think they look good

Josh

·
Formerly FL Zinc
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The interior of my car is Dark Charcoal. The seats are black but can be had with black, yellow, blue or red center inserts. As for the rest of your questions:

FL Zinc said:
[BInstall was simple, I had them drilled to fit stock seat tracks. End result: minus 50 or so pounds, still comfortable on long drives, plenty of bolster to hold you in place, stock power driver's seat track. :D [/B]
:D

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just checked x2c's website www.X2CMotorSports.com and found they have the seats on sale for $400 for a set of 2. Looks like my next mod to me.

·
Formerly FL Zinc
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Call them up, they'll explain how they work with stock tracks. Its extra, but well worth it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
looks really good. i just ordered mine today... are you still happy with them after a month of ownership?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Those seats loook great on the yellow car. I also have them, I know how you feel, I'm 6'2 and 230 lbs and these seats a really comfortable. Congrats.

·
Registered
303 Posts
looks good, but will they fade or are they guaranteed to stay black?! I am scare of them turning dark purple or get a purplish tone to it if materials react that way towards heat and age? :(

·
Formerly FL Zinc
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm still perfectly happy with them. I've gone on a couple multiple hour trips with no problems. Girlfriend hates them though, doesn't like the climbing in and out over the bolsters. I've actually had a couple threats from a friend that he was going to steal them.

·
Registered
185 Posts
So by saying they work with the stock tracks do you still have the power adjustability?

This has been one of the major things stopping me from getting after market seats.

·
Registered
382 Posts
thats good price for that set, I would jump on it if I had the $$$

·
Formerly FL Zinc
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes, my driver's seat is still power. I can use the stock track power controls to tilt the whole seat itself back by raising the front and dropping the back. The passenger side only moves forward and back since that was the only controls on the stocker. I do not know how NHRA legal, or if at all, having the stock power tracks on a race seat is.

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
What kind of drilling was required to make these seats work? I thought X2C had the optional tracks that supposed to bolt right up???

·
Formerly FL Zinc
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They don't come with extra tracks when you get them drilled for the stock tracks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts