Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be building my 1995 Cobra in a few weeks and I definitley want to go with a catted x-pipe, but I'm not sure what my options are? Can anyone give me manufacturers and prices?

What I know now....

Basani - About $400ish
VRS - I have no idea
Magnaflow - does not make x-pipes for the 95 (that I know of)
BBK - Crap
Dr. Gas - No cats (unless I am mistaken)
Any others?

Thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
THE DINGO ATE YOUR BABY! :blam:

·
Registered
101 Posts
First off, you're posting IN THE WRONG FORUM. This is for motor specific questions. Exhaust questions go in either general mustang tech or 94/95 tech. Dumbass.

Second, Magnaflow DOES make an X-pipe for 94 through 98 cars, now. They announced they were shipping 3 weeks ago. Their catalog hasen't been updated, but either CALL THEM for the part#'s, or click here for verification.

On that note, IMHO*, you should use get the Magnaflow X-pipe, as that has the build quality of Bassani, yet costs less and uses a "real" X cross-over.

God, you gotta have your hand held for everything.... :rolleyes:

*my opinion is the corrent one

·
Registered
333 Posts
todd is gay.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
go longtubes or go home

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
GrnTrunk said:
go longtubes or go home

Yeah Todd stop being a puss.:lol:

As for X pipes remember they are not all created equal.:D

Hey you should be able to answer me this since you buy so many damn cars from out of state, do you still have to have a one time inspection done by the state patrol to register an out of state car here?

You could always buy a cheap ass X pipe and have some cats welded into it. :lol: There is more to life than cats.;)

See ya round bro and look out because I will be well into the 11s this year in my ****pile.:evil:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steve, no, you do not have to get out of state cars inspected by the state patrol.

I'll most likely end up with a bassani or a VRS.

Is your car back together yet? I will be working my ass off to try and get the 1995 up and running by the end of February.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Im in the process of doing a real lowbuck P head combo with some 1.7 shaft mount yella terra roller rockers. Just trying to decide on an intake for it and a maybe a cam change.

Shooting for 375RWHP with a little bit of tuning.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just get a used cobra, that should give plenty of air to the P heads. If you plan on running 8psi or so, 375 rwhp shouldn't be too difficult. I'd like to go to the dyno sometime in March.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I have some leads on a few used Cobra intakes one of which is extrude honed FWIW. If those fall through I will probably look into a new TrickFLow street heat intake.

A dyno session could work out good in march if things go according to plan. I should have my car done by then. We are also in the process of doing a full Trick flow combo on Daves white 94 that may be followed up with a 100 shot.

Keep in touch as far as the dyno.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts