Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here it goes. I have a 2002 GT 5 speed with 4.10 gear, steeda shifter, k&n air filter, and magnaflow cb. My problemis that I just raced a 2001 GT auto with dr's & flows and I lost. Is it just me or should I have beat this guy. I want to say its my driving but I dont suck at it. Whats your advice on how I should shift and if I should power shift or do anything different. Any info would be great. Thanks. -Mike

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been wanting to go but I am too tied up with work. I would like to get some times.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Where was he beating you? Right from the start or from start and pulling you all the way?

4.10's and stock tires=no traction

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I came off the line faster than him but he pulled on me the rest of the way. It was very close.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LByellowStang said:
Also it wouldn't hurt to hit a dyno, that always helps.
Could I tweek anything to get a little more hp? Say if my car was a little too ritch or somthing. I want to make sure my car is ok so that would be a good idea.

·
Registered
524 Posts
he should not pull on you at all unless he isn't being honest about mods. You are making a lot more power than him because he has no mods (so he says) and has an auto. I suspect he had atleast gears and some other things.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe your right. I should have checked his car out more. But it got me thinking what should I dyno with a stock engine? And what do you think my times might be with my mods?

·
Registered
524 Posts
I think a stock 5 speed dynos about 225-230 rwhp. You maybe about 10 higher than that.

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
He probably had some sort of Power Adder that he didn't tell you about. I used to have an Automatic which was great off the line but I could never beat any of my friends from a roll.
Next time take a look under his hood and see what he is not telling. He shouldn't walk away from you if he does 14's in the quarter.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think he was lying too. Which pisses me off considering everyone was watching him beat me. Screw it Im not going to worry bout him anymore. I will just get some times and go from there. I was hoping for upper 13's does this seem right? Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts