Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking my intake off to fix the oil leak in the back, I took the upper intake off and there was some oil on the upper gasket, In the middle area. I don't know why.. IS it because I never blocked the exahust off? Which I will do now..

·
Registered
315 Posts
The PCV system will allow some oil to get into your intake. After time it will collect in the lower parts of your intake. This is somewhat normal but if the car is smoking it may be a problem somewhere else. I have pulled a ton of intakes on stock, nonstock engines with the PCV still functioning and they almost always have oil in them.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
If you want to clear up the oil in the intake thing while the intake is still on, you can just squirt some throttle body cleaner down the intake while the engine is off... don't go crazy with it because it will stall the engine if you use too much and it will have trouble starting. It easiest if you have someone hold open the throttle blade while you spray it in...

Note I did say throttle body cleaner and not carb cleaner... Throttle body cleaner is supposed to be safe to use on an engine, and won't foul out your O2 sensors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.