Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have been trying to figure out why my car idles rough only on occasion. I had the hood up and it was idling rough, as soon as I shut the hood it smooths out. So when the hood is shut it idles smooth and when its up it idles rough (like it should)! WTF!!!!! I'm running a used cone K&N filter. When I take it off it runs rough though. Can anyone give me some advice? Thanks Jake T.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Is it the kind of filter that draws air from the motor bay or the fender well.
Did you try rotating your maf sensor. They are very finiky about the way the aif flows past the sensors. I have read that people have had there cars run like **** until they cover half the filter with a rag, redirecting the air going into the sensor.

Anywho if its the kind of filter that draws from the engine bay, your hood maybe blooking the flow into the filter when closed kinda like the rag trick.

Just a thought.
later
CFM

·
Registered
639 Posts
With the hood up when its running rough grab the 10-pin connectors to see if it smooths out, if it does then you found your source. I guess that with the hood down its probably pushing down on them making the connection better where it up there is no pressure down on them. Good Luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts