Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a spot for a pcv valve in my lower intake(cobra) and i have aftermarket valve covers and a guy at autozone told me to put it in my valve cover(dont use a stem). i also bought a breather today for my other valve cover. sure enough the pcv valve fits perfectly in the valve cover location too. where the heck do i put this thing!!??? and if it does stay in the lower, what should i put in my valve cover because it didnt come with a stem

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Hmmm. Is your car a carb? OR efi ? If its carb it will have a slot on the driverside valve cover

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'd go ahead and put the PCV in the intake. You can either get another breather for the other valve cover, or you can get oil fill caps that push in to the cover like the breather. My .02, I'd get another breather so the PCV will draw from both sides.

·
Registered
8,659 Posts
EFI cars put the PCV valve on the rear of the intake. From what i heard, you don't want a breather on the valve covers because it allows unmetererd air to enter.

When you look at aftermarket valve covers, some say "Not for EFI use" or "For EFI use only". The EFI covers are solid except for a neck to fill the oil up with.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've got an 88 GT and one of the lines runs from the underside of the upper intake to a hole in the rear of the lower intake (hard to see if the hood is in place, my intake is stock) and the other runs from a nipple coming off the oil filler tube in the valve cover to the throttle body, take it for what it's worth:)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what does the tube coming out of the pcv valve connect to on the other end?

·
Registered
8,659 Posts
The other end gets split into a T. One end goes to the fitting on the end of the upper intake just above the valve cover...and the other end goes under the fitting onto the big opening on that big metal fitting under there

·
Registered
94 Posts
Mine doesn't have your typical "PCV" valve look to it, the hose that goes in the lower back part of the intake and connects up under the upper plenum has a valve on it( that valve plugs the hole in the lower intake), I assume thats the PCV valve, and the hose from the throttle body connects to the valve cover thru a nipple on the oil fill tube (which is baffled) there is no valve in that hose, keep in mind this car is bone stock and the valve covers are as well, so I don't have a choice on where to hook my hoses. I think as long as the hose in the rear is connected properly it's up to you where you plug the other, I don't think there is a "wrong" place to plug it as long as it is in the valve cover in a baffled hole
all this talk about hoses is kind of kinky:evil:

·
Registered
8,659 Posts
How bout this? This is a Cobra Intake....but same thing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts