Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got off work tonight and hopped in the stang on my way home. I drove about a mile and everything was normal. Then all of a sudden the car start to miss at a little under 2k rpms. So I quickly made a U-turn and put $5 of gas in the car thinking I was running out of fuel. After I got the gas the car still ran the same ALL the way home. Everytime I got close to 2k rpms the engine would miss (bucking like a horse almost) and the exhaust sounded like a rock being shook around in a tin can! THEN I was stopped at a red light and when the light turned green I put the car in 1st gear gave it gas and let off the clutch like normal and I heard this LOUD bang come from the tranny or somewhere (the car shook also)... it sounded like I broke the drive shaft or rear-gears or something of that nature!! That has happened once before but I thought maybe I just missed the gear but I swear I was in gear this time! But after that noise I was able to put it back in 1st gear and proced to drive home... with the engine still missing. What could be going on? It just started doing this without any warning. I mean I drove all day normally with out a problem untill I got off of work!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What happened to your engine and you had the EXACT same problems that i've encountered? Did your engine make a ticking noise?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts