Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this wierd? My blinkers, reverse lights, and A/C seem to be connected somehow. When my blinkers don't work, neither does the AC. If I jiggle the AC unit, sometimes they work, but then decide to quit. Lately they haven't worked at all, but I discovered that they work when the key is turned on, but before the ignition's fired. What the hell's going on?
:confused:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Same with me !!! It all started with the cold weather rolled in. weird. Cold for us is 50's here in Miami If I tap on the controls they start to work. What could this be ?

·
Registered
436 Posts
I had the same problem. It was the ignition switch. If you wiggle the key your... ac, blinkers should work. The part only costed me $25. Pretty easy fix. Just remove the steering wheel cover and you'll see it. It's right next to the key hole. The switch it only held in place with 1 or 2 torq bit screw. Good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Madmiamian said:
Hey crash ... did this start happening recently? like maybe weather related maybe.
Well, it never did it in the last 3 years that I've known the car, but recently it started happening. It's not a cold thing I don't think, because it's been unseasonably warm here lately.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Like alblown said, replace the ignition switch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts