Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Mustang GT
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a good t5, mines getting a little tired. Aftermarket of oem 90-93. Let me know thank you.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Probably better off having yours rebuilt. T5's are getting kinda scarce. Which is kinda crazy since so many were made and sold.

·
Registered
1985 Mustang GT
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably better off having yours rebuilt. T5's are getting kinda scarce. Which is kinda crazy since so many were made and sold.
Yea I know all the new kits have the over the years upgrades and good stuff in them but I was hoping to grab a aftermarket or good used unit so I don’t have the downtime.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Yea I know all the new kits have the over the years upgrades and good stuff in them but I was hoping to grab a aftermarket or good used unit so I don’t have the downtime.
You might find a place that can send you a reman unit and you send yours as a core. That would be the shortest downtime option I think.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I'm in Ct. I maybe able to do something for you. If your interested message me and we can talk about options

·
Registered
'99 vert, 408w Holley Terminator, AutoX "Cam C"
23 Posts
Gforce makes a 600hp rated T5, also 9310 gearset upgrade and case upgrade available for it too, been very happy with mine for the last 7 years from em.

Shifts hella fast at 6800 rpm and buttery smooth, great even for DD.

·
Registered
1985 Mustang GT
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gforce makes a 600hp rated T5, also 9310 gearset upgrade and case upgrade available for it too, been very happy with mine for the last 7 years from em.

Shifts hella fast at 6800 rpm and buttery smooth, great even for DD.
My personal bias leans me towards Astro. I’ve had one and it was great as well. For this car I’m just looking for the better built stock trans. Daily driver will see sticky tires and rpm but I’m not very concerned.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts