Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a 87-93 5.0 5spd. I would like it to be a roller (if a roller it can be either a 5spd or auto, it's an easy mod) but a nice 5.0 with forged internals would be great! I'm looking to add a KB supercharger boosting 18lbs so if anyone has any info on one or is selling one let me know! I live in oklahoma but I will drive to pick up. THANX

·
Registered
84 Posts
Have a nice '89 GT, but it's an automatic (C4). All forged internals, roller engine, but I'm not sure the comp ratio is what you're looking for (10:1).

Just thought I'd throw it out there.
Just dropped price to $5900.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice GT, what's the brand of pistons, rods, crank, cam, heads, etc.? What condision is the body in and how many miles?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks KB5.0, I've worked a lot on it.
As far as brand names of parts, I'm sorry to say i don't know all of them.
Pistons--don't know, They are .030 over forged and 10:1, that's all I know. It's the pistons that come with a DSS bullet short block.

Crank--Also don't know, but probably stock reconditioned
rods--Same thing.
cam---Ford motorsports x-303 (.542./.542 with 230 duration)
heads---Edelbrock Performer RPM aluminum (2.02/1.60) unported.

The engine is a DSS bullet I bought off someone who was getting out of cars to race crotchrockets. He never even put the motor in his car.

The car itself has 125k on the body, but less than 14 on the drivetrain, and less than 1k on the trans rebuild.

The body is in very good shape, only one rust spot which has poked through the bodywork the bodyshop did. It's on the drivers rear quarter panel at the top of the wheelwell. its on the flat side that is parallel with the ground and is not visible unless you look under the lip of the fender.

Hope this helps, thanks again for the compliment...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts