Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys , first time here on the forum and didn't know where to post this question.

I have a 1987 302 HO with unknown cam notchback swap with a t5. 4cyclinder body. (Didn't know it was a swap when I bought it )

A couple of months ago I did a burn out and the the t5 transmission gave out . Ended up picking up a used one and replacing the input shaft with a new kit. I was going to start installing the clutch and pressure plate yesterday and noticed the clutch alignment tool didn't fit into the pilot bearing and that it was a tad too big. Went back to check the old and new input shaft and noticed the tips are oddly different sizes and the old one is also longer than the new one .

My question is why would anyone have a different size pilot bearing and input shaft that is longer and thinner ?

Another question is should I just go ahead and get the right pilot bearing and call it a day ? Or maybe this was done for a reason ?

I'll post pics of the old and new input shafts for comparison once I get home

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the replacement T5 a v8 WC version? Does it have a larger input shaft than the one that Came out? Your larger pilot bearing goes with the v8 version
Kk sweet thanks bro . Never would of thought the old transmission from that came with the car was a 4 cylinder transmission t5 . Thanks for the answers .

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts