Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it took a while but I finally got my Mac Lontubes on my car. I had to do alot more than the intsructions said to do! I had to take the steering shaft out, the starter, the passenger motor mount. It was a good little job. Well here is my question, I had to splice some wire into the o2 sensor wires so they would reach the fitting on the Longtubes. I was wondering if anyone else has done this or how they went about it? Also before the swap my A/F ratio gauge was working ok, now it doesn't read anything. Everyonce in a while a little red will show up. Also I had a problem before where the car wouldn't idle rough, now its real lopey and lower idle speed. Just woundering if this sounds familiar to you? Did your car do the same? What is the signs for needing new o2 sensors? Any opinions appreciated! Thanks Jake T.

·
Registered
433 Posts
No check engine lights? Might want to hook up a code scanner just to make sure. I've been told you don't HAVE to extend the wires to make them fit...Just remove them from the loom. Mine were extended and worked fine. I went ahead and bought some Bosch O2 sensors from Autozone that came with a longer harness. The part number was 13953. The guy told me they didn't have longer ones...I had to give him that part number.

Where do you have your air/fuel gauge tapped in to....The wiring on the O2 sensors or the wiring harness going in to the factory computer?

You might want to go back over your extensions just to be sure.

Chad

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I had to extend mine too, about a week later, I ended up getting new ones from autozone with the 16" harness. I would think that the A/F gage would be reading rich, since the O2 sensor is further away from the exhaust port, it would tend to be cooler.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts