·
Registered
479 Posts
that would look pretty badass!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You think? Hey would a 245 size tire fit on a 9 inch wheel its on my 8 inch 98 wheels now and that way I would only have to buy a two rear nitto 315's dr

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
245's on a 9" wheel would be a stretch, and I'm not kidding there...I've seen them and the side wall looks really stretched out on there...the optimal tire for a 9" wheel is a 275/40/17...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
would that make dew for like 3 months until I could buy some new tires? Im putting the nitto 315 DRs on the rear how do you think that would look. You think white wheels look good with white cobras?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Depends on how you drive. Personally, if i was buying new wheels, i would not want to take the chance or making a sharp turn, and not having enough tire wall, and screwing up my new rim, or car. If you dont have enough for tires and wheels, just wait, they make those wheels all day long, and if you get lucky they may get cheaper.

·
Registered
978 Posts
maxjm77 said:
would that make dew for like 3 months until I could buy some new tires? Im putting the nitto 315 DRs on the rear how do you think that would look. You think white wheels look good with white cobras?
You should be fine for 3 months, just be very careful. The 245s on a 9 inch wheel, expose the lip alot so they can get scratched very ease. White on white looks bad ass.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Someone on this board has a white 98 Cobra vert with white Cobra R's. I forgot what their user name is but I have some pics of it saved on my computer... What's your e-mail address, I'll forward them to you. I think it looks good... BTW, we have the same color combo :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yeah I love his car it looks really good. Mine would be the R's though not the 03. Is the nitto 315 DR a good size for the rear also would a 255 be good for the front wheel would that cover the lip?

·
Registered
222 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
It'll look REALLY sweet. Go for it. I think it'll look better than chrome. P245's fit a 9 inch rim and look and work just fine. I've got this combo on my fronts. The only danger is that you have to pay extra attention to curb rash, since there is much tire to protect the rim.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is this sizing ok I dont know much about off set and what not?
5-lug (5X4½). We have combined two different sizes in this set. There are 2-17x9 (+26mm offset with 6.11 backspace) for the front and 2-17x10.5 (+27mm offset with 6.9 backspace)

Thanks again.

·
Formerly known as BigLredlx
1,297 Posts
The 245's will be fine up front. I wouldn't go over a 255/40. Anything bigger seems to follow every damn rut in the road.

Lorne

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I've got a pic of a white cobra with white cobra R's on it if you would like me to send them to you over email.

They look good.

John

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes I would [email protected] So running 255's would be better than running 275's on the front of a nine inch wheel?

·
Registered
570 Posts
maxjm77 said:
Is this sizing ok I dont know much about off set and what not?
5-lug (5X4½). We have combined two different sizes in this set. There are 2-17x9 (+26mm offset with 6.11 backspace) for the front and 2-17x10.5 (+27mm offset with 6.9 backspace)

Thanks again.
The 5x4.5 is correct. The offsets and backspacings are close to the the dimensions of an AFS package.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
it is a AFS package are those good wheels?

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
I have a 98 Cobra with 03 Cobra wheels on it.

I'm running 245 series tires on the front. It's perfectly fine and I've cornered the car at 80+ MPH without incident.

The tire doesn't bulge or look stretched by any means.

Here's a link to a pic:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/118811456/118811539jucvDk

Hope that helps.

Alan

1 - 19 of 19 Posts