Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got staged next to a 97-99 LS1 vortech blown Camaro. He cut a 1.2 something light and couldn't make up the distance. His ET beat mine by just .020. I'm still slow....just a 14.30 @ 96.9mph with 2.1 60' (the 60' was my personal best)

Yeah, Yeah I know......if there was any traction to be had I would have been toast, but so what!!!...dammit let me have my moment!

Nah nee nah nee nah nah!!!!!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
track prep

Troy, you've got to try a Sat or Sun meet. I ran a Fri nite a couple of weeks ago and on ET Streets only ran a 13.59, on Sat 5/11 with good track prep I ran a 13.05.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I went friday night and I thought the right lane was very rough right after the 60ft. I felt like I was bouncing around. I cant wait to do an event like fun ford so the track is prepped.

I cut a .515 light Friday. "Nah nee nah nee nah nah!!!!!!!" :joy:

·
Registered
52 Posts
fri. nights

we thought fri. nite was fine . no traction at line as usual but it is street tire night. the track was nice with new stands and bose stereo system.we went an easy [email protected] only1.61 60ft. on the small et streets. showing the rice that the american iron still is boss.........

·
Registered
86 Posts
Troy do you have your installed.
have you tried to run the car wihout it!
your MPH is too low..even stock your MPH should be in the 98-99 range.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Super ET:

I wasn't sure of what meets I could participate in as I'm relatively new to drag racing. I can just show up to any meet, plunk down the entry fee and run?

Mikey: You show-off :D What car are you running again and what color? I just want to make note of it in case I run into you....I can introduce myself.

slv93: 10.14 is WAY out of my league. That's fast!

MTO: What install are you referring to? the heads or better tires? Also the trap speed was a typo...it was 99.6.

I'm thinking of picking some Nitto DR's this week. The track will undoubtedly be better next wed after the SuperCheby show this weekend.

Maybe I'll finally have a use for the helmet I bought..

·
Registered
86 Posts
TroyV said:

MTO: What install are you referring to? the heads or better tires? Also the trap speed was a typo...it was 99.6.

I'm thinking of picking some Nitto DR's this week. The track will undoubtedly be better next wed after the SuperCheby show this weekend.

Maybe I'll finally have a use for the helmet I bought..
LOL i just reread my post and realized what i forgot?
your chip.
have you run the car with out it? and with it to compare?

·
Registered
44 Posts
TroyV said:
Super ET:

I wasn't sure of what meets I could participate in as I'm relatively new to drag racing. I can just show up to any meet, plunk down the entry fee and run?

You can run Street or Mod on Sundays without being in points. I'll admit that the competition in Street ,which is the entry level class, in pretty tough this year & can be intimidating to a new racer. entry in Street is $30 non-points 25$ points.

A Sat might be more your speed but they can get crowded. Sat is all day test & tune for 25$. The Wed rental mentioned elsewhere is also a great learning tool, I'm considering it myself.

·
Registered
544 Posts
TroyV I have a 2002 GT Silver. What color is your 99, in case I see it next time.

And yes anyone can go to test and tune on Saturdays.

·
Registered
86 Posts
mikeymac said:
TroyV I have a 2002 GT Silver. What color is your 99, in case I see it next time.

And yes anyone can go to test and tune on Saturdays.
cool..maybe i'll bring my RSX up there...LOL
just kinding guys..

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MTO: I totally forgot about trying a few runs without the chip. I wouldn't be suprized if I ran better. I think Steeda ran me rich on this chip to be conservative. Incidentally, they switched to DiabloSport a month after I got it. I'll pull it out for next time.

My new heads will be shipping before months end and I'll have to pull the chip out anyway for the dyno tune and re-cal.

Mikey: My car is a very plain looking black though I keep it looking pretty clean. 17" standard GT wheels....on [email protected] Falken Ziex 502's........soon to be AFS cobras with the 10.5" wide rears.....and Nitto drags. What kind of times are you running?

·
Registered
544 Posts
I ran a best of 14.2 @ 97 bone stock 2.2 60ft. Would have really liked to see a 13.9 at 100 or so. I have heard of so many 2002 GT's running over 100 mph trap speed stock in the 13's on the stock rubber. Oh well, after the dyno day on the 8th I am going to start modding it.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I ran 3 14.0's in a row at the end of last year.....the crappy Falkens were newer. Last year, with Nitto's and a good hook, I saw a few 99-01 GT's run high 13's, and one in particular ran a 13.5. With my mods, there is no reason why I shouldn't be running 13's....aside from traction.

NED is so slippery for cars running street tires that a lot of folks are going home depressed.

If you think I was depressed about knowing my car has a 13 in it, and not achieving it......imagine what the vortech blown LS1 guy was feeling when he lost. With traction he would have been at least a half second ahead....if not more.

I will definitely be at NED next wednesday. There is no rain in the forecast, so there will be some compound left on the track from the Chevy show I hope.

I'm trying to find a set of Nitto's on the cheap, but haven't had any luck yet.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I will be going the first week of June, I just picked up a set of ET Streets and ordering a set of Prostars. Hopefully I will hit the 13 mark stock on a tire and then start modding the hell out of it after I get a baseline at the dyno. If i see a Black GT I will swing by.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts