Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a wiring harness from e-bay and i was wondering if the harnesses are all the same for all the years, it is the fuel injection harness.I know some harnesses are different but this one was supposed to be from a 89 and i want to know if it is or not, or if it really matters.Also the reason i question it is because the black and white main connectors are a little differeent on the new one i got.This one has two places to disconnect them but mine only had one.Is that normal?Or did someone do some southern engineering on my wiring harness?I bought it because i got a fault code in the egr wiring and i figured id rather change it then try to pinpoint the wiring issue.Thanks in advance.:confused:

·
Registered
73 Posts
There was a problem with those wires being too short. Fords soulution was the extender harness. Sounds like that is what you have. Maybe you could post a pic.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well what it is seems like exactly what you said.It seems like its just an extension of the harness.I wish i could post a pc but i dont have a camera yet. ;c(

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now my only question is, if its a harness from any year 87-93 can i still use it or are there differences in the harnesses?

·
Registered
47 Posts
There may be some problems if it is earlier than 89. The 87 and 88's had a different sensor for barometric pressure, but I don't recall if this is part of the engine harness and if the wiring to this sensor is different. (this is the one on the middle of the firewall).

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The wiring to the sensor on our cars is the baro sensor and that comes right off the main harness into the sensor.Earlier are the MAP sensors which had a vac. port.As well as the elect. connector.As long as thats the only diff. between them i should be ok then right?Thanks for your replies Don.

·
Registered
706 Posts
depends on what year car you arer putting the harness on. an 89 harness will only work on a 89. 90 harness will only work on a 90. 91-93 are the same. now i might be wrong on this it may be that 91 is the same as the 90 but i think it's not. you can tell by looking at the 8-pin connector(s) over by the brakebooster. in 90 there were 2 connectors. in 91-93 there was only one red connector instead. you should look at these connectors on your car. if you have the right ones then you're good. also look at the connectors that go through the firewall on the passengers side. at sometime ford eliminated the grey 8-pin connector that goes through (or maybe relocated it).

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It seems like all the connectors are the same.ITs just the harness for the fuel injectors that i am curious about.But as i said it seems like all my connectors are the same as the one on my car now.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks 5.0 CHERO thats what i thought.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts