Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
im going to go to the junk yard this weekend,and get the misc. wiring harness's i need to complete my mustang wiring,i need these wiring harness's.
efi,and computer,
headlight wiring harness
transmission wiring harness "5 spd"
now my question is,will wiring harness's out of 4 cyl. mustang's work for these,except obviously the efi thing,but the headlight and tranny?if not with the headlight wiring harness out of a say 88 cougar work?looks like it would,just want to be sure....
and also,with the efi,what relays am i going to have to keep?
there is going to be no smog,or egr,just basically,wanting the motor to run properly,i dont care about the ses light either,ill just take it out,because im sure it will come on,leaving that other stuff out,well thanks for anyone's help on this. oh yea forgot to mention,wanting to go mass air system as well.
thanks again.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
you dont need the transmission wiring harness, unless you are missing it all together. a 4 cyl harness will work for this one.
everything else you need has to be from a v8. i suggest you get them from an '89, there are differences between the years in harness' and it will just cost you alot of time, money, and headache if you try mix them up.
any mass air computer will work for you. make sure you get the O2 sensor harness as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts