Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m wiring up my glow shift gauge pod and I’ve tried a couple different ways of wiring it but I’m using the add a fuse method into the under dash fuse box, I’ve got my ground going to the ground that’s already on the fuse box, currently have my 12v constant and switched going to the instrument cluster, and orange going to the instrument illumination. I only put both of them there because I needed it to work while I test the car out vs not having any gauge at all before I wasnt getting any gauge unless the lights were on. theyre electronic gauges so I need them to key on, illuminate and currently They don’t hold my color setting im assuming that’s because of the switched wire being with the key on. And the gauges don’t dim with this setup even with the orange wire going to the illumination fuse so I’m assuming that also has to do with the current setup.

Long story short, which fuse should I hook my white and red wires into respectively. I believe red is constant and white is switched?

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
12v constant- hook directly to the battery
Illumination- connect to the brown wire
For a switched 12v source I like to use the harness from the convertible top switch. If you want to get fancy, use that source to control a relay straight off the battery to a mini fuse box / buss bar for multiple accessories. (If you don’t have a convertible this source is open)

I don’t like the add a circuit fuse things, but if that’s what you want...

Reactions: massacre
1 - 2 of 2 Posts