Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just finished gouging a nice piece of me wheel out on a da*m curb. I was just puling out of McDonalds and the turn was icy, I slid into the curb doing about 10. Some how it was enough to make my wheel look pretty ugly. You guys had any winter accidents yet? I was also barely able to dodge and black dodge truck that fishtaled infront of me last night. It was !SO! close Almost had to cut his sack off. lol. Anyways, how much is it to get a wheel fixed like that? Also is there a way I can do it myself, just to make it look better? Thanks alot.

I HATE THE WINTER!

·
Registered
759 Posts
I dont drive mine in the winter, Hell its hard enough to drive in the rain.

Im not sure about fixing curb damage. It may be cheaper to buy a new wheel.

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
I don't drive mine much at all in the winter now, but I used to drive it all winter because it was the only car I had. Our cars are about the worst ever in snow or ice because they're rear wheel drive and have so little weight in the back. I've driven mustangs in the winter for 10 years and never had an accident but have had many near misses. Slow down, put lots of weight in the trunk, and be careful. Sounds like the wheel is beyond repair, you'll probably need to buy a new one. If you have stock gt wheels you can pick them up pretty cheap if you look around. Good luck and be careful out there.

·
Premium Member
5,907 Posts
94MuscleGT said:
You guys had any winter accidents yet?
I HATE THE WINTER!
Hi there,
No winter accidents in 15 years with 2 different Mustangs. SNOW TIRES up front and on the back make winter driving a breeze.

See ya.
Michael Plummer

·
Registered
202 Posts
hmmm accidents...not yet.... knock on wood... but i'm in the same boat.. i have to drive mine in the snow as well.... pain in the arss and makes me wanna cry!!!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Re: Re: Winter Accidents

Michael Plummer said:
Hi there,
No winter accidents in 15 years with 2 different Mustangs. SNOW TIRES up front and on the back make winter driving a breeze.

Got to be hard driving up there in the winter. You guys gotta get a lot of snow.

Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts