Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone updated to Windows 11? If so, have you had any issues with the Pro-M drivers? My laptop keeps notifying me that the free update is available, but I'm a little skeptical as I've had issues with the newer Windows not liking the older drivers. Thanks

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
There are a lot of problems with windows 11 at the moment, especially if you have an AMD processor.. I work in IT. Rule of thumb is wait until at least the first service pack is released which will fix most of the issues. I probably wont upgrade until i build a new PC.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are a lot of problems with windows 11 at the moment, especially if you have an AMD processor.. I work in IT. Rule of thumb is wait until at least the first service pack is released which will fix most of the issues. I probably wont upgrade until i build a new PC.
Yea I usually wait before doing updates as well. With my prior laptop I had to change some settings in order to get canelope (OBD box) to work. Idk if upgrading to windows 11 will require that to be done as well.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i got my last update about a month ago. were you getting pro m updates or driver updates? I have never gotten a driver update before.
That’s about the time I got my last one as well. I only had to do a driver update the first time I downloaded and installed the Pro-M and canelope, never had to update again. And it was with windows 10 and the old green obd box.
When I purchased the newest obd box (blue) I didn’t have to update the drivers. That’s why I was wondering if updating to windows 11 would require the drivers to be updated to be able to keep using the blue obd box. Sorry if it sounds confusing

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
nope i got it. im still running the green box also. Im just got a dell for black Friday, it came with Windows 11. Chris helped me set up the driver on a Sunday.

Basically with the green box, there is a certain procedure you have to use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts