Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
306 10.5-1 CR, ported windsor SR heads, lunati cam: 221/232 duration @ 50, 526/530 lift, 111* lobe sep. - rpm intake, 30lb injectors, 70mmtb long tube headers. how about if I go with a bigger cam?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how about 232/242 and .544/.560??? this is the lunati 51012. yeah i've been told about the money thing before and I may add that to the sig. what I really want is to get this motor built so I can put up a real sig with my combo and how much power it makes and my fastest times, but looks like I'll be saving for a while. damn it!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Ill tell you this, I get a solid pull from my F-303 cam. The power starts to fade at around 6200-6300. I know your looking for 6500 but my combo is just ported & polished E7 heads, well look at sig to see my combo. With your combo, I dont think you will have any problem with hitting 6500 with a F-303 cam or a different one that comes close to the specs of a F cam

·
Registered
892 Posts
Honestly the only way to find out is putting it on a dyno. I used the X cam and I shifted it at 6500, with a Vic. Jr. and Canfields. So, I think you'll be close with the first cam. The second cam for sure. Make sure you have good springs on the heads.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
wow, this site is slow tonight. i'll be using 1.44 dual springs, will this be enough?? oh yeah I want to be able to shift at 6500. maybe I'll get a custom cam, I heard that the anderson motorsport cams are about the same as the lunati cams the lunati cams are $170

·
Registered
27 Posts
What heads are ya gonna be runnin?? B4 u start lookin for a cam u gotta know what your heads are gonna flow and make power at, then from that u can decide on the heads, then intake system. Anderson cams run $270.....Lunati makes a good cam, and can custom grind a cam for ya also. Hope this helps some, and if you know the flow #s for the heads, post 'em b/c you'll get a slew of better answers with the #s posted.

·
Registered
433 Posts
If you buy the heads new buy them bare and install good springs and retainers. I'm running a custom CamMotion cam...574 intake [email protected] duration and 591 exhaust [email protected] duration with Victor Jr heads. The catalog said my springs were good for up to a .650 lift cam. I put about 1500 miles on the car and could never get it to rev much above 6200. I thought my Extender was hosed, but after I replaced it with a Tweecer I still had the same problems.

Finally tore the car down and several of the springs were broken and the retainers were sinking. Had a few of the springs tested and they were putting out ~80lbs.

Chad

·
Registered
35,615 Posts
Ian22 - for what you're putting into it, invest another $150 or so and work with a custom cam designer. They can help you design something that works with your specific components and your desire around power band. Otherwise, you're really just guessing about the best cam to meet your needs off the shelf. W/regard to your sig, I like it. However, my experience has been you don't need patience, perserverance or time if you have enough money. They say there's no substitute for cubic inches; I think the saying should be there's no substitute for cubic dollars!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hey Michael...Have you got a website with a bunch of pictures and maybe some video clips of your Volvo...I've got a friend that will go nuts over that. Have you run it at the track?

Chad

·
Registered
35,615 Posts
Have your friend email me at [email protected] and I can email a few images over - no video or track info. It's a daily driver, and I'm still in the restomod stage. However, we're not far away from each other - maybe a 'breakfast' meeting in Sweetwater some Sat. morning.

·
Registered
433 Posts
The friend I have in mind actually lives in Knoxville...He's going to UTK. I'll give him your E-mail address.

Thanks!

Chad

1 - 15 of 15 Posts