Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Those should work but I would recommend looking at different wheels. Everyone has Cobra R wheels

Reactions: sour

·
Registered
8,206 Posts
Yea, those will fit great.

Reactions: sour and YacoSpeed

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
:LOL: I'm thinking about all the sh** I've caught for going "too different" on wheels. I don't need anyone's approval it's just kinda funny in the Court of Internet you need to be not too different but not too similar either
When i first got my coupe i wanted them and my best friend convinced me to look at other wheels. I'm glad i did. I would recommend OP looks at the foxbody wheel thread before committing

·
Registered
500 Posts
:LOL: I'm thinking about all the sh** I've caught for going "too different" on wheels. I don't need anyone's approval it's just kinda funny in the Court of Internet you need to be not too different but not too similar either
I caught a lot of **** for getting bullitt wheels for my car back in the day, but I just couldn't find anything I really liked. 13 years later I still can't decide what wheels I want so I've stuck with what I've got. I really like CCW classics, but I also like authentic Torque Thrust wheels better than any other wheel in existence except maybe BBS classics.

I also haven't seen 1995 Cobra R wheels in years, literally. Also Late Model Restoration sells Cobra R wheels in the SVE brand with the correct designed spokes that don't bow out like OP's chosen wheels.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I have 18x9/18x10.5 deep dish chrome bullet wheels all the way around and i got **** for doing dishes all the way around them people saw it and complimented it. I don't think I've ever seen another with dished all the way around, I'm sure they are out there. My wheels are going on my 57 f100 and in upgrading to something I've never seen on a mustang before

Reactions: sn95gts331

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have 18x9/18x10.5 deep dish chrome bullet wheels all the way around and i got **** for doing dishes all the way around them people saw it and complimented it. I don't think I've ever seen another with dished all the way around, I'm sure they are out there. My wheels are going on my 57 f100 and in upgrading to something I've never seen on a mustang before
I'm thinking of upgrading to something new as well. There are just so many wheels to chose from. If you've got the cash you can always have a custom set CNC'd specifically for your car too.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
How about this combo? (1990 LX with 5 lug conversion, disc brakes, fox body length axles)

Sport Forged ProStar 96-Series Wheel
  • Size: 15'' x 8''
  • Bolt Circle: 5 x 4-1/2''
  • Rear Spacing: 5-1/2''
  • +25mm Offset
And for the front....

Sport Forged ProStar 96-Series Wheel
  • Size: 15'' x 6''
  • Bolt Circle: 5 x 4-1/2''
  • Rear Spacing: 4-1/2''
  • +25mm Offset
From searching the forum the rears look to be correct, can somebody verify that the front spacing and offset is good?

·
Premium Member
3,229 Posts
When I bought my '95, it had '98 Cobra wheels on it. The car needed tires, and I wanted wider rubber. I found a set of Steeda Ultralites with tires for a good price, so selling the R' s got me these Steedas and practically new tires for about $200 net. For a long time I thought about changing to something different, but am glad I stayed with these, as I've not seen another SN95 wearing them. About the only thing I'd switch for might be the Ultralite II's, but those are pretty rare (and expensive) these days. Buy and install what you like. No one else's opinion really matters.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts