Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the specs: Will these fit my 99 GT and if so what size rear drag radials do you run with them?

-----------------
We have combined two sizes on this set. There are 2 -17x9 (+24mm, 5.95" backspace) front, and 2 -17x10.5 (+27mm, 6.63" backspace) rear. They are 5-lug (5 on 4.5). These wheels will fit the 1994-2004 Ford Mustang, all models. The Cobra models with IRS brakes may require some modfications.
-----------------------------

·
Registered
337 Posts
as far as tire size it would be a 315/35/17. as far as if they fit no problem i am trying to find out the same thing. the only thing i have heard so far is that with some brands of after market exhaust that they may rub because of the how they are bent. i believe it was a bassani exhaust that rubbed. i have talked to people running this combo with flowmaster and magnaflow and they were fine. i too, am running the mac cat back and have not found anyone running this will and tire combo with this exhaust. if you find an answer i would love to know also.

thanks
kerry

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tires

They will be here Friday so I guess I will go ahead and order tires and see what happens. I am hoping to get a little more feedback before I order the tires. Did you see a set of 315/35/17's on the type of rims that I bought? I wonder how odd the fronts will look with a stock 17" size tire on them? Maybe I should get new fronts also..

·
Registered
337 Posts
what style rim did you go with? i have seen the replica bullitts on a few mustangs with 10.5's and 315's and they look sweet. please post how everything fits, i am really curious since we have the same catback. if possible could you measure the clearance you have between the inside of the tire and your exhaust on the driver side before you change the wheels. i measured mine and it looks to be right around 1 1/4". hope everything works out for ya, i'm sure it will look good.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
They should fit fine. They have even less backspace than the AFS wheels! piece of cake :).

Shawn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts