Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the future I am going to upgrade to the ys-trim and I will probably get the igloo also (same setup that Andrew on here has). I have seen a street outlaw car (red 94 Cobra) with the HO Fibertrends hood, which says to be a 3.5 in, and the igloo fit without cutting the hood. I have the Cervinis R hood (3.5 in) but it doesn't look as tall as the HO hood. Anyone have anymore info on this? Thanks

Dave

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
I don't think it will clear especially with the throttle body tubing going up to the 93-style throttle body. You might be fine if you get a custom raised part done in the hood for the discharge tube.

Troy

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have drop solid motor mounts, and I was able to get the igloo to fit under a kaenan 4" cowl hood... There is only about 1/4" clearance, and the point with the least clearance is the front of the igloo. I had to trim the hood just a little bit to clear the discharge tube.

from the inside:

Obviously the SN95 is different, but this details my experience.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Andrew can you email me some more pics of your hood? I have an HO Fibertrends hood, and am a little let down. I would like to see how the Kaenen hood is finished out...thanks

Ron

[email protected]

·
Registered
401 Posts
saleen_n_around said:
Andrew can you email me some more pics of your hood? I have an HO Fibertrends hood, and am a little let down. I would like to see how the Kaenen hood is finished out...thanks

Ron

[email protected]
What would you like to see, specifically? The underside of the hood is unfinished.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the pics Andrew.

I finally found the article in the August '00 issue of 5.0 Mag, it is Ron Cox's car. There are pics of it on HO Fibertrends website also. I don't really know if I need an igloo to run mid/low 9s anyway...?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Andrew said:
What would you like to see, specifically? The underside of the hood is unfinished.
Yeah, I would like to see the under side, and compare it with my HO hood.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts