Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to buy a set of SVO wheels. They are 16"x7" with a 5.625" backset. This is what I have been able to find out online. Now 5.0s use a 5.15" backset, correct. Heres the other thing. I have a complete '86 LSC disc brake 3.27 rear I plan on installing. Normally I would have to use ranger/aerostar axles and flip the caliper brackets to get the wheels to fit properly, but it seems that SVOs use lincoln axles! So then I should be able to use the SVO wheels without messing with the LSC brakes which would make life easy. However, what to do about the front? I also have a set of SN95 spindles and brakes but I don't know what year they came off, they may be 94-95 or the 8mm wider 96+ spindles. I don't want to destroy my wheelwells going around corners. Please help before the dude calls me back to go check out the wheels.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Out back with the lincoln axles you could run those wheels.

up front, you will need about a 3/4" spacer or they will possibly hit the strut when mounting

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks Matt. You're the expert on such matters. Your page on disc brake conversions is excellent. I was gearing up to flip the calipers and get Ranger/Aerostar axles until I saw the ad for the SVO parts. I ended up getting the wheels, 2 good and 2 not so good tires, 13 SVO lugnuts, two spare NOS centercaps, SVO wheel spats, a SVO 140mph cluster, a NOS SVO rear brake hose, a SVO lower spoiler and hood scoop with seal, a fresh rebuilt '85 TurboCoupe T5 tranny, '84 GT valvecovers, a set of dual exhaust pipe hangers, a '95 convertible top boot with bag, and a box of misc other stuff for $300. If I have to space the fronts out a bit I'll deal with it. Much easier than messing with the calipers and brackets. Thanks for your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts