Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will I have to replace the stock hood for clearance or will the Saleen Series II supercharger fit under the stock '02 GT hood?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can't see why not...

MD stang,

It fits under the hood of a '01 GT (I've seen it up close), so why wouldn't it fit under the hood of an '02?

AED makes a kit that fits under the hood as well and it's intercooler is slightly more efficent than the Saleen kit. That means you can run more spark advance and make more power. Just my opinion though.

Allen Engine...

2Valverbutnotastang

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, thats what I wanted to know. I not familiar with Allen
Superchargers though I will look into it.

·
Registered
906 Posts
MDstang....you live in towson? I live there too. What kinda stang do you have? I drive the black 98 Roush....seen me around? I may be able to help with your install too if you need it.

·
Registered
906 Posts
:lol:

dude, I wish you the best of luck but people have been waiting for that blower to come out for years now. I don't think it's happening anytime in the near future. Sorry, but that is my opinion. You got a LONG wait, sorry. Unless the released some new news about it's release date...nah, that won't happen.

·
Registered
191 Posts
no sh*t, i called like 6 months ago and they said that it would go on sale in 3 months. when i called last week, they said 3 more months

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would like the KB too but at the boost levels I intend on using (6 to 8) a KB may only have a small advantage.

I like the looks of the Saleen kit plus the Eaton is quiet and durable. Saleen, Roush and Ford use it.

I have no plans for fortifying the guts of my 4.6 and this car is a daily driver not a 1/4 miler.

Folks around here like to do 70 in the slow lane and will speed up if they see you trying to merge on the hwy. I don't like being denied especially when I'm being polite and have signaled.

My goal with the roots supercharger is to prevent this denial with 6 to 8 psi of boost at 2k RPM and 2nd gear.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I like the looks of the Saleen kit

Yeah that KB blower is FUGLY. If you don't want the Saleen roots (series II) they will have their series V (similar to the kb but looks a lot better) out soon. I hear rumors the series V is good up to 20# of boost.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts