Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get the powerslot rotors for my 03 gt 5speed. Will they fit with my factory calipers. I'll do the install myself cause basically i hate waiting and its just a waste of money.

Thanks Josh

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
yeah...

...I did "Powerstop"(bought from [email protected] yrs ago) cross drilled on the front and rear of my 1996 GT with no problems. FRPP has them in the '03 catalog and I sold a set to "CJ" @ JMS 2 weeks ago for a '01 "Bullitt" and Chris said they fit fine with no problems ! also of note the ones from FRPP were slotted & cross drilled and they looked like real quality pieces. I also did the "Earls" braided steel front brake hoses att and the stopping difference was very much improved.
Randy Stinchcomb

·
Administrator
1,536 Posts
MustangLife said:
I want to get the powerslot rotors for my 03 gt 5speed. Will they fit with my factory calipers. I'll do the install myself cause basically i hate waiting and its just a waste of money.

Thanks Josh
If you hate wasting money then don't bother with any slotted or cross-drilled rotor. Rotors are DISPOSABLE items. When they wear out you throw them away. Cross-Drilled rotors are notorious for cracking, and in my experience all the slotting does is eat pads up faster.

Stick with a plain old 1999+ GT rotor and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rotors

I know it won't add better braking. I'm just doing it for looks. I think they look real good.

Josh
03 gt 5speed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts