Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... I am sick & tired of these crappy michelin pilots and the 2.2-2.4 60' times i'm getting, something has to be done!!! I know there are guys out there running nitto 315's and I just want to know if they rub the fenders bad? what did you do to fix it? I already have 1" wheel spacers..will these help keep me from rubbing? Thanks for any help...

·
Registered
918 Posts
do a search, there are a lot of threads about them. Good Luck.

-Billy

·
Registered
744 Posts
I met a guy this weekend that was running 315/17 Nitto DR's on his 17 x 9 "R" Wheels and it looked like it fit pretty good. Didn't ask about having to remove the quads but I'll ask him this weekend and take some pic's. Might go that route if I don't have to modify anything.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Jose,
i too would be very interested to see what 315s look like on 17x9 cobra r rims - pics if you're able to take and post them would be terrific.

take care and thanks,
greg

·
Registered
723 Posts
I have 295/35/18's on my rear and the rear passenger side rubbed pretty bad when i jumped on it hard or turned hard.

But they are 18's and my car is dumped pretty good, you shouldnt have any probs and if you do its easy to fix.

By the way...I agree with you on the Michelin Pilot comment, they ****in suck, $360 a tire and they dont grab even a little bit. They are worthless on the street.. they did ok at the track tho

·
Registered
713 Posts
Re: Will nitto 315's rub?

94SVT said:
OK... I am sick & tired of these crappy michelin pilots
HAHa.. the michelin pilots are probably the best street tire made. Gota love it

·
Registered
14 Posts
Jose (@dfwstangs.net),
did you by chance run into the guy with the 315s on 17x9s?

greg

·
Registered
713 Posts
94SVT said:
Best STREET tire maybe but they SUCK bigtime at the track!!:barf:
Yeah I understand. I just found it amusing the way it was phrased.

"these 'best tires in the world' sure suck"

oh forget it.. im sure you get the picture :)

·
Registered
664 Posts
If you want a radial that hooks, try the BFG KD's. Those things are great, and they are cheaper than pilots. A friend had a Vette he kept powersliding everywhere he went. Then he got some KDs. No more powerslides. Just mass traction. They leave black marks on the pavement when you accelerate hard (w/o any wheelspin).

·
Registered
341 Posts
Why not go with a 275/40/17 Nitto or BFG Drag radial and not worry about any hassles???

Disregard if you have a 10.5 in wheel width.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.