Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Trick Flow Street Heat intake right now. I'm doing a 347, FTI AFR 185s, FTI cam. How bad will it be if I keep my intake until I get more money a few months later? Will it drastically affect the cam setup also? Last question, which size throttle body and mass air do I want? I currently have 24# injectors. Thanks- Dan

·
Registered
673 Posts
I had a cobra intake, 24# injectors and matching MAF on my combo for over a year, I just swapped all that stuff two days ago and didn't really notice a huge improvement. It is better, but not by a whole bunch, could just be tuning problems since I justput it on but I don't know. I don't think that setup would hurt you too much.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If Ed is doing your cam, he is going to take in to account which intake you plan to run. Just tell Ed what you are hoping to get out of your car (eg. drag racing, daily driver etc.) and he will know what you should do to get it. Good Luck with your project.--David

·
Registered
665 Posts
Your intake manifold will be fine until you can get something that breathes a little deeper. You probably won't lose over ~15-25 HP over a better breathing street/strip manifold, unless you're setting up to strictly go racing.

Judging by the fact that you're running AFR 185s on a 347, I'd guess "hot street" or "street/strip" would be your objective. For that category, I'd recommend an 80 mm mass air, 75 mm TB, 30 lb. injectors and a Holley Systemax II intake manifold. Ask Ed.

Steve A.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts