Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally was planning on running MM K member and A arms, but unfortunatley found out thier K member does not clear the incon kit.
So of course the other option is Griggs. I keep hearing all these bad things about the Griggs a arms though. One thing I noticed with the MM A arms/ K member is one of the A arm pivot point "bosses" (ie..the part with the bushings) is shorter than the other. In fact, MM supplies a spacer so that you can use the stock bolts and not bottom it out. Did MM do this so thier A arm cant be used with any other K member...(and vise versa)?

·
Registered
24,678 Posts
Originally posted by TRAXX So of course the other option is Griggs. I keep hearing all these bad things about the Griggs a arms though.
What bad things are you hearing?
They seem to be fine on Griggs equipped race cars.

·
Premium Member
3,340 Posts
Trevor,

The bushing lengths and locations on an MM FCA are the same as a stock Ford FCA. The front and rear bushings are different lengths on the MM and Ford parts. You can install an MM FCA in a Griggs k-member provided that the Griggs k-member has the same tab locations for the control arm pivot bolts as stock.

There is no spacer added to the MM FCA bushing assembly. The MM k-member includes washers that go under the head of the rear control arm pivot bolts so that the end of the bolt doesn't bottom out into the very rear section of the k-member.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts