Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 351 (95 Lightning motor) in my 93 Mustang. KB has a Flowzilla SC kit for a 302. Would this kit fit a 3t1? I'm not sure how the intakes,etc differ between the 302/351

·
Registered
373 Posts
No the 351w is wider.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Call Kenne Bell and ask them. I ran a Blowzilla/Flowzilla 2.2L on my '89 LX for years. I always found them to be very knowledgeable and helpful.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
KB doesn't make kits for Fox Mustang any longer. If you could find a 5L KB kit for a Cobra lower, you might be able to match it up with a Lightning 351w Cobra lower. I'm guessing you would likely need a custom length (or modified) snout drive to align the pulley drive with what's on your engine.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have a 351 (95 Lightning motor) in my 93 Mustang. KB has a Flowzilla SC kit for a 302. Would this kit fit a 351? I'm not sure how the intakes,etc differ between the 302/351
I have a Blowzilla on a 393 (351 based), so it will definitely work. One issue is the lower intake. It will have to be a Cobra style (staggered holes), since there was not a HO lower for a 351W. The GT-40 / Lightning are hard to find for a 351, especially in aluminum. I assume you kept the Lightning intake, so you will be good there. Now you MUST have a KB that has the GT-40 style discharge. The majority have the casting for the stock lower HO 5.0. Seems like it also required a spacer between the intakes to get the blower off the valve covers.

Mine is in an SN-95 (different blower snout and accessory belt location) and was done years ago, so I can't provide any more particulars. I had to modify the hood (stock) as well due to the taller engine and blower with spacer. Again, I am talking SN-95, so the fox will be different there.

In short, it will not be a bolt-on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts