Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a 15x10 wheel with 5.5 bs work on an lx without major fender lip surgeory? It will be running a 26x10.5 tire.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
mine is an 89. Clears inside easily. I had 3inch pipes on this car. I did notice the drivers side had rubbed alittle on the tails. Since then the exhaust is removed and the car now only sees track duty.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool, I have a guy going to mini tub it and do some other work for them to clear. Minor trimming and whatnot. Thanks

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Mustangmichael said:
I run a 6.5 bs on my 15X10's. A friend has 5.5 and they stick out of the wheel wells.
correct 10" need 6.5 bs 8" needs 5.5 bs to look an fit properly

·
Registered
7,029 Posts
I just got 10' with 6.5 bs and they cleared the inner wheelhouse. I don't have the tires on yet to know what else will need to be done.

Tim

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
My tires dont stick past the fenders. Im using Weld Prostar 15X10 with 5.5 backspacing and M/T 28X10.5 Drags. I keep hearing others saying it sticks past and that just isnt so. Or at least with my combo which is using a stock length 8.8.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
gray Id bet you have to massage the inner fender when you add the tires. What size tire you planning on running?

·
Registered
7,029 Posts
26-10's
I had the same tires on last year on 8" with 5.5 bs and they cleared. nothing a BFH can't fix

Tim

·
Registered
7,029 Posts
nope
2" are not added to one side when when you change the bs
the tire centers itself on the wheel. with a 10" wheel with 6.5 bs the center of the tire would be in the same spot in the wheel well as a 8" with 5.5 bs. if you had 4.5 bs the outside of the wheel would be in the same spot on the car as the 10" 6.5 bs. but the tire would be moved out of the wheel opening and look bad.
Ok I think I understand what I just wrote

Tim

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
bradad said:
So if a 10" needs 6.5" bs to "look and fit properly" would an 8" rim being 2" less width not need a 4.5" bs to have the same look and fit?? :rolleyes:
as it was said by gray86hatch they dont only extend a wheel to one direction....atleast act like you know what you are talking about before you try to correct someone

:rolleyes: right back at yah pal:rolleyes: an one for good luck

1 - 18 of 18 Posts