Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am tired of the stock wheel gap and fitment on my 94gt and wanted to go wide. My ideal goal was 9.5 by 10.5 and I stumbled across some underpriced wheels with new tires on them, the guy wants 600 for the set. The problem is they are on an 01 new edge and the front is 10.5 and the rear 11.5. The guy said they came off an sn95 and should fit just fine but I’m a bit skeptical. I do plan on putting a new edge axel on my rear since it is a tad bit wider but I don’t know if it’s worth trying to fit something so wide

·
Registered
154 Posts
I am tired of the stock wheel gap and fitment on my 94gt and wanted to go wide. My ideal goal was 9.5 by 10.5 and I stumbled across some underpriced wheels with new tires on them, the guy wants 600 for the set. The problem is they are on an 01 new edge and the front is 10.5 and the rear 11.5. The guy said they came off an sn95 and should fit just fine but I’m a bit skeptical. I do plan on putting a new edge axel on my rear since it is a tad bit wider but I don’t know if it’s worth trying to fit something so wide
Yes they will fit i ran them in my 95 no issues at all except removing the quad shock which 90% of us do anyway going that big of a tire

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
If its a legit 11.5 rear wheel it will not fit unless it sticks out of the wheel well, or if its mini tubbed the 10.5 on front won't fit either unless there is some flares or something on the wheel wells.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
9.5 on front and 10.5 on rear but watch the back spacing! 9.5 wheels up front are hit and miss as far as the tires rubbing the front swaybar. The profile of the tire on the rim also effects rubbing. In that case; you'll need rack limiters or don't turn sharp in parking lots. Check out new wheels for your car on American Muscle or LMR. They list the back spacing and offset that you should be using. I'm running 10" in the rear with 6.5" back spacing.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
On the front I have mainly stuck with 9 inch with a 275 tire. Works fine on SN95 and New Edge cars. Had some rubbing on the struts with Fox cars. Rear I usually stay with a 10.5 with 6.5 BS.

The widest I have ever done was on a 96 car. 18x10 on the front with a 285 tire. Barely a gnats azz gap between strut and tire. On the rear were 18x11.5 with 6.5 BS and I want to say was a 295 tire. This was back in 2005. Memory is vague.

Hurst

1 - 5 of 5 Posts