Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got plans to get one of the zex kits when i get my refund from school. with the mods in my sig, one or 2 step colder plugs, retard the timing to 8*, and a 255 fuel pump will i be safe or will i also need bigger injectors. i origionally assumed i wouldn't need them because of the way the kit spikes fuel pressure and what not, but i was told differently once and i put a thread on here and never got a straight andwer. thanks for all the help guys

·
Registered
642 Posts
Nope, I'm running 125 jets and haven't had a problem. My only fuel system mods are a 110lph pump. Zex claims they test all their vehicles in stock trim.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, that's what i was thinking, but before people were telling me how my injectors would be maxed out by a fair amount with my mods plus 125 extra HP and that would cause something to fail...i don't remember exactly what it was he said...anyway, thanks alot.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
well if you have mods you might be maxed out. like said above, zex tries their stuff out on stock trim. if you are running 10s already in the 1/4, what lb injectors are you running now? how much power are you making?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh, no, i onlt have the mods in my sig...i'm lucky to be pushing 280hp at the flywheel...but if you add 125 to that then it's over 400 and i'm still running stock injectors.

·
Registered
554 Posts
At least get an adj fpr and bump up the fuel pressure, also not a bad idea to get an air/fuel ratio guage to watch while you spray. That way you can tell to back off if somethin isnt working right.

I have stock injectors, stock fuel pressure, and a 190lph pump...and with the nitrous 5005(i think?) dry kit jetted at 100hp and pressure around 1100 (probly close to 125 hp shot). The tip on my #8 spark plug literally melted off. I got lucky only a spark plug broke...

I'll be adding the stuff I mentioned above before I do any more spraying.

·
Registered
200 Posts
spikes95GT said:
I have stock injectors, stock fuel pressure, and a 190lph pump...and with the nitrous 5005(i think?) dry kit jetted at 100hp and pressure around 1100 (probly close to 125 hp shot). The tip on my #8 spark plug literally melted off. I got lucky only a spark plug broke...

What was the timing set at? Perhaps your fuel octane rating was very low. Although you really shouldn't have to alter anything for only a 100hp shot just run premium fuel.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i plan to use a 125 shot and i got a 255 pump and a kirban afpr...soo takin the timing to 8* is what i want to do..? im still tryin to get everything set up...thanks..

·
Registered
282 Posts
You guys are probably going to need to add a 255 lph pump, adj fuel pressure regulator, and I might think of buying a air/fuel mixture gauge and also a fuel pressure gauge. You will not need to step up injector size because its a "WET" system. You need to make sure the rails and the injectors and the solenoids are all getting the appropiate amount of fuel pressure. That is where the intake pump is comming into play. This is why you buy a gauge for the fuel pressure. If not then you may need to add a inline pump (aka. T-Rex). I would also think of buying a bottle heater, pressure gague and most of all a purge valve.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i was talking about zex's dry kit. i already have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, but i don't think it'll matter because the zex system adds fuel by closing the return fuel line with bottle pressure and forcing the fuel pressure to go up to between 75-100 PSI.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I did not retard my timing - its set at 14 and runs great w my Zex 125 shot. I used Autolite 23's gapped at .35 and have a 255lph pump. no pinging or detonation - I use 93 octane

·
Registered
901 Posts
This is great, the thread I was looking for....I am getting dynoed soon and Im going to go to the 125 shot. I am getting a 255 fuel pump and timing at 8* or 10* not sure yet, what do you think?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts