Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 hatch back and I want to lower it. Will I have rubbing issues with 254/50/16 tires? I was thinking an eibach pro-kit, or steeda sport springs

thanks for any knowledgeable answers!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
??? anybody ???

·
Registered
172 Posts
If you run a panhard bar in the rear, rubbing should not be an issue at all there. In front, you might get an occasional rub, turning and iting a bump at the same time. Assuming you mean 245/50-16 tires, and running 16x7 Pony wheels, rubbing should not be too big an issue. If you go with aftermarket wheels, you must make sure the offset is the same as the Pony wheel in a 16x7. You would do better with a 16x8 and that tire, but then you must check the fittment.

·
Registered
501 Posts
if you do step up and buy aftermarket wheels, go ahead and bite for 17"s
the market for 16" tires any wider than 245 and 255 is very thin, hell, the market for 16" tires period is pretty thin

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I am currently running 16" ponys, but I want to upgrade to ROH snyper 17" rims. So for the time being it will be lowered on the ponys. Thanks for the response guys and or gals. So you think I am ok with these 2 spring kits?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Any spring kit you want that lowers the car 1-1.5" should work just fine with 245/50-16s. Be careful with 255/50-16s, they are a lot bigger than you might think, and they are a little too wide for the 7" wide rim. Reserve them for the rear only if you must have them.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks 88saleen! I am going to go with some eibach pro's :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts