Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I do the mods listed in my signature this weekend? In addition to that stuff in the sig, I have removed the smog pump (and run a shorter belt), blocked the EGR tube with a penny, and done the usual tune up stuff (new plugs, advanced timing to 14 degrees, etc.)

Will I at least be in the 300RWHP ballpark?

·
Registered
284 Posts
You should be close to 300rwhp...

For some reason, most of these type combos seem to hit just under the 300rwhp mark. It should be somewhere in the 285-310rwhp range though. Good luck, and be sure to report your findings if you dyno it!

Randy

·
Registered
753 Posts
Dont know how much the two are really alike but Monday I will dyno my 302. It has the same heads and cam as you. I have the TFS street intake and BBK LT headers. There are some other differences but i'll talk more about those Monday.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Damn! You were able to block the EGR with a penny, I had to use a few nickles. You found a cheaper method!

Should be real close to the magic #

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just a guess - 255 to 275 rwhp

·
Registered
284 Posts
Oops! Didn't notice you were running an auto...

So I'll say 275-285 rwhp range with good tuning. I think 300 will be tough to hit with the auto trans.

Randy

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Oops! Didn't notice you were running an auto...

RandyB said:
So I'll say 275-285 rwhp range with good tuning. I think 300 will be tough to hit with the auto trans.

Randy
What would be the cheapest way for me to hit 300RWHP then? After these mods, what can I do to get there?

Do I have to do like a 75 shot of nitrous?

·
Registered
284 Posts
That would work quite well, actually!

Anaconda said:

What would be the cheapest way for me to hit 300RWHP then? After these mods, what can I do to get there?

Do I have to do like a 75 shot of nitrous?
But step up to the 150 NOS dry. Works great with the auto.

Got traction? :)

Randy

·
Registered
'90 Windveil Blue LX (Dart Turbo T56)
8,449 Posts
don't get you hopes up, the most i have seen anyone make with the 2031 on a n/a 302 is 294 and that automatic tranny isn't going to help

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.