Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, don't flame me for not doing a search, i'm sure this has been beaten to death a million times before, however I can't do a search on 02's because it's less then 3 letters long.

Ok, I'm having hesitation problems, no low end power, blah, blah, blah. It started a couple of weeks ago, couldn't get the thing to start....I started throwing parts at it and now it starts and runs (kinda rough at times, need to clean IAB and CHECK tps).

I know my 02's are kinda bad, I have the CE light come on every now and then in the middle of warming up, normally on the free-way. What are the symptoms of bad 02's?

I'm planning on pulling codes tomorrow, this is just something to throw around...

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Stop down to autozone and borrow a code reader. Hell, they even did it for me at the Autozone in Ithaca.

If you have bad O2's it will tell you. There are obvioulsy going to be codes if the CE light is popping on.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
FastMonkeyWheels said:
I know my 02's are kinda bad, I have the CE light come on every now and then in the middle of warming up, normally on the free-way
That may actually be an EGR problem. Might want to clean it out a tad. Just a suggestion.

Greg

·
Super Moderator
27,655 Posts
TireSmoke said:
Stop down to autozone and borrow a code reader. Hell, they even did it for me at the Autozone in Ithaca.

If you have bad O2's it will tell you. There are obvioulsy going to be codes if the CE light is popping on.
O2 sensors will only throw a code if they're so dead they won't throw hardly any voltage or the wiring is bad.

And I agree with the EGR assesment, that CE during warmup WILL throw an "EVP out of range" which is usually an indicator of a sticky EGR valve. And an EGR that doesn't close causes a vacuum leak. And a vacuum leak can cause hard starting and poor running. And the ankle bone's connected to the leg bone...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts