Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they the same? Will the hypertech firm up my shifts and or keep me out of the rev limiter in the 1-2 shift????

·
Registered
237 Posts
i'd assume that they'd work. The 94 and 95 aode's have the same computers. What does your car run in the 1/4?

Thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
441 Posts
Do you have a chip for a 94? If you don't already have it I will sell you my hypertech from my 95 aode for cheap. Let me know, Bret.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What does your car run in the 1/4?
Before the pulleys a best of 15.1, and that's bangin' the rev limiter on the 1-2 shift....which is why I need a chip:)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Make an offer. You pay Shipping from 49058. Are you sure you want to go this route? It really firms up your shifts, I'm not sure if you will stop hitting the rev limiter. Do a search on hitting the limiter or 4.10 gears and you should find some useful info on what to do.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$50 and I pay shipping is best I can do, I can get one for around $60.

·
Registered
441 Posts
You didn't answer the rest of the post. Do that and I'll make you a better deal. The reason I'm doing this is because I paid $280 for this thing and it brought me nothing but aggravation(or so I thought). I kept getting detonation when I ran it. That was before I was on this forum. I didn't realize that our cars were prone to the death rattle so easily.

Your in luck though, I've had a couple of beers in me tonight and I'm feeling charitable. My original plan was to take my coveted chip and mate it with my vice in the shop. I still might do that if I get enough beer in me. We'll see.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well, I do wanna try it out, so sold??? I seem to have dodged the pinging demon, 14* timing and all, and as far as the limiter thing, I've been toying w? the notion of going w/ 3.73's.
I have searced a bit and I believe the chip changes your shift points as well, which may remedy the limiter issue...

·
Registered
441 Posts
Sent pm

·
Registered
811 Posts
Unclejackrock,
I don't think the chip raises the rev limiter. I have the same chip in my car right now and i called the wonderful tech line of Hypertech (i'm being facetious, they couldn't find their ass with a map), and they siad that the chip does NOT raise the limiter. Have you rebuilt the trans lately? How about a shift kit? I think your problem is in the trans. It's a design flaw in the trans itself. (www.tccoa.com) I put a Transgo shift kit in the car and fixed it right up! I still hit the limiter in my car...5500 RPM in our cars due to the damn stock converter balooning......

:mad:

At any rate, i called JMS and ordered a proper chip. Talk to Chris E. He'll hook you up.
Hope this helps, bud.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I just had the chance to pick one up cheap. I plan on putting in my shift kit soon, so I got that covered. I just figured I would go the cheap route now on my way to saving up for a tweecer.

Thanks, fork

·
Registered
441 Posts
Oh yeah, the tweecer R/T is the way to go. That's what I have and I love it. A little advive though, check out the tweecer support site now and start studying up. It's a very steep learning curve.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh yeah, the tweecer R/T is the way to go. That's what I have and I love it. A little advive though, check out the tweecer support site now and start studying up. It's a very steep learning curve

Yeah, I KNOW!!
I'm trying to figure out all the settings for my auto shifting properties in the software you can download. It's very complex stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts