Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fluid is filled to the top but the light is still no. Could it be the cap. Thanks

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?

s

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope I checked that.....

There are no leaks, the radiator is full, the radiator cap is new. Any other suggestions before I have to buy a new radiator sensor. Thank yo

·
Registered
612 Posts
When I cleaned up my engine and hosed everything off, my coolant light came on and stayed on for two days. I think that some water got in the sensor. After things dried out, it turned off on its own. Might not apply in your case, but just my experience.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am having the same problem with my 2000GT radiator light. For example: this mornig on the way to work, no light; on the way home around 4:30 in the afternoon, the light came on after a while of driving.

The car is not running any hotter than before. I did spray the motor off a couple of weeks ago. I guess I will unplug the sensor and plug it back in to make sure it has a good connection.

I will let you know what I find out.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hey J, just come over to the house and blow some compressed air in the area of the sensor. That will dry it out for sure.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I replaced the Reserviour tank and....

When I took off the tank I looked at the sensor with the bouyant styrofoam looking object which sends a signal to the computer and tells it how much radiator coolant is there. The sensor did not have any styrofoam looking material on it and when the radiator was full of coolant, the moving object was at the bottom of the tank. That was causing my problem. I replaced the tank and it was fine. That shows you to replace your coolant because I did not for years and it ate away at the styrofam and caused me to replae the reserivour tank.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I left the sensor unplugged over night and the light still came on while I was driving to work. It seems to only come on once I hit my normal operating temp.

When I flush my radiator this week, I will check on that styrofoam piece to see what the deal is. Thanks.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like the same thing that happened to me

I would unplug my comp. and when I startted my car the light was not on. Then after I reached a certain temp. the light would come off. Maybe you have a little left and when it heats up it is not able to stay afloat so then it sinks and the light comes on. Hope that helps like it helped me. The reserviour tank is not to expensive but it is not cheap either. It cost me around 60.

·
Registered
173 Posts
My car is still underwarranty so I will be going in on 4/11 to the local ford dealer here. It sounds like I am having that same problem with the styrofoam as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts