Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a 315/35/17 BFG DR fit on a 9" wide wheel? I know a lot of people run the 315 Nitto DR on 9" wide wheels, but always hear that the Nitto tires run smaller than the size indicates.

So what do you guys think? Has anybody done this? If so, do you have pics of how bad they bulge out?

·
Formerly known as BigLredlx
1,297 Posts
No. Order a pair of the 10.5 wide replicas from AFS. The nitto's do run a lot smaller than any other 315.

Lorne

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll probably just order the 275/40/17 BFG DRs. I don't want the 315 BFGs bad enough to buy two new wheels for ~$400 just to get the extra width. It's just something to get me around on the street with a bit of traction.

I may do the 315 Nitto DRs but I don't want to pay the extra that they cost over BFGs.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Patrick98GT said:
I'll probably just order the 275/40/17 BFG DRs. I don't want the 315 BFGs bad enough to buy two new wheels for ~$400 just to get the extra width. It's just something to get me around on the street with a bit of traction.

I may do the 315 Nitto DRs but I don't want to pay the extra that they cost over BFGs.
Think of it this way - the Nittos will outlast the BFGs at least two fold if not three.

That $40 or so a tire is worth it..... to me. It's also why I wont' drop $250/ea on the 315/30/18 drag radials - not worth it.

Shawn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts