Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying a 99 GT T-45.. Will this tranny bolt right up to my 96 with the stock bellhousing and my centerforce dual friction clutch? Also will my stock drive shaft work?

Basically.. since Tremec makes the 99+ trannies will it fit?

Thanks in Advance
Drew

·
Registered
495 Posts
The 99 t 45 will work in your car. There is a difference in the cobra and gt tail housings but if you are swapping gt to gt it will work.

BTW. Do you know of any dynos in the Springfield area ?? If I can't find one closer I will have to go to K.C.

Jason.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
re

Yes there is a dyno in the springfield area, but you will just waste your money there. Your best bet is MC Racing in Kansas City, talk to Mark there and your worries will be over.. He's a great guy and has worked with our car club numerous times.. about the spfld dyno:

you don't want to dyno on a MD (Mustang Dyno) you want to dyno on a DJ (Dyno Jet) our club dynoed on the MD and everyone was so dissapointed with our numbers.. we wondered why.. come to find out the operators of the MD were dynoing some cars in 3rd gear others in 4th.. where in a 5spd car 4th is the only 1:1 ratio. This helped with the cause of the horrible dyno numbers we recieved.. by horrible dyno numbers I mean that my Post swapped GT ran 213 RWHP, 280 RWTQ... I laughed and let them steal my money. anyways.. just letting you know that we are protesting this dyno and I wish you to take your business to Mark

Hope I helped

Drew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts